Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cindy Needs to Make a Video.

I watched that 9 minute video hoping to learn something new that Cindy did not already explain in 90 seconds, but came up short. Actually, that's not true I did learn the proper pronunciation of U-boon-tu, and I did learn that "Gnome is a default distribution..." but that means absolutely nothing to me.
Cindy did send me to the Ubuntu Software Center and I did examine the list of tools and resources available under "Education." The "problem" however, (not really a problem) is that my netbook already has the good ones installed. I tried downloading one ("Math Wars" I think) that was not pre-installed just to go through the motions, and I encountered some application problems; so after twenty minutes of dawdling, I uninstalled it.
I think I will wait for someone who is overzealous about new technology to introduce me to the newest Web 2.0 Tool that will inspire adolescents to read--on their own--the classic literary works we provide them.
Can anyone show me that Linux, Ubuntu, Gnome, FOSS Web 2.0 Tool?
Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment