I did not know it had a name, but I have been sharing bookmarks with students for a few years now, and they have been sharing some with me. It all started with our first Orwell documented essay. After teaching Orwell's 1984 for a few years I started projecting websites in class. Then when students began their mini-research essays I would remind them about the sites I showed them in class. This was obviously a problem for any students who were absent or distracted, so I started copying and pasting the URL's to a word document and posting it on my website.
Now I learn we have Diigo. I like the fact that my Bookmarks can now go with me wherever I go regardless which computer I am using. I also like the fact that my bookmarks or favorites will no longer be forgotten when a Web Browser is discontinued like Explorer was by Mozilla, and like Mozilla will be with Google Chrome.
However, Diigo is not as clean or as visible (i.e. accessible) as my Explorer Favorites were. With Explorer a slight motion of the hand and I could view hundreds of Favorites inside folders on a single page. With Diigo I cannot modify the font size (yet) and I can only view about twenty bookmarks per page.
O' well, hopefully by the time Diigo 6 arrives I will have all the features I want, just in time for it to be replaced by another software program.
No comments:
Post a Comment