Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wikispaces

It sounds unrealistically too good to be true. I watched the video about four friends going on a camping trip all trying to help each other get organized, but our classrooms are not filled with only four friends and we are not excitedly going on a camping trip.
However, like Paul Wack, I too, with the help of Cindy, created a wiki page on Wikispaces so that my sophomores can categorize lines from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar into three persuasive rhetorical appeals: logos, pathos, and ethos.
I have two great concerns: 1. that some students will not take the assignment seriously enough or will maybe have a friend do it for them, and 2. I am concerned about the "Edit"and "Save" buttons. If a student chose to sabotage all the work done, how can we stop him or her from clicking "Edit" selecting all the text and deleting it, and then pressing "Save".
BTW--so I thought I had a pretty good Wiki page and was kinda excited to have my classes work on the assignment I created when Cindy informed me that they all need to download Wikipages first. That brings me right back to the first Element of Digital Citizenship! What if my sophomores do not have "Digital Access"? And what if our computers in the lab do not have Wikipages stored.
All for naught?
Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment